Friday, May 11, 2012

{instagram friday}

Getting this in a little late today, but there is still a little over an hour left before its Saturday. :) This time around I'm going to do a little weekend recap {this past weekend of course} through my instagram photos. We had a really, really wonderful weekend...a great balance of time with the boys, a date night for Dan and I, and a little trip out of town to two of our favorite places.

On Saturday, the hubby and I went to our first concert since 2007 {when I was newly pregnant with the boys but didn't know it yet}, so a night like this was looong overdue. His birthday was a few days earlier, and I surprised him with tickets to see Joe Bonamassa, a really amazing blues guitarist/singer. We had plans to eat a nice dinner out, but little did we know that prom in Indianapolis was that night so all of the restaurants were packed. Sooo...


We ended up food court-ing it at the mall with some Chinese. We are really low maintenance people so we were both fine with it. Some orange chicken and a Cinnabon for dessert. :) And we got to do a lot of fun people-watching with all of the high schoolers decked out for prom. Saw some SCARY high heels.

Then we were on to the concert...


He was truly amazing. 2 1/2 hours of non-stop ridiculously awesome guitar playing. 


And more really entertaining people-watching. We were some of the youngest people at the concert. A lot of middle aged men pumping their fists and yelling "WOOOOOOO!" and "I love you Joe!!!" We couldn't help but giggle uncontrollably a few times. :)

This was also the first night.......wait for it.......that someone else had put the boys to bed. 

You heard me right. They are almost 4 years old and this was the first night we stayed out past their bedtime. And they did great! Their Gigi watched them for us and they didn't even miss us. We were so proud of them. And now we're ready for our next night out!

Then on Sunday morning, while the hubby went golfing with his cousin, I took the boys out for breakfast at our favorite bagel shop...


Followed by a trip to the park...


We finished the day off with the hubby's birthday dinner at his mom's house. To make the weekend even better, I had Monday off. So we slept in, took our time getting ready, then headed out the door. Our first stop was this place for lunch...


And then this place for some much overdue shopping...


 Landon wore his new {thrifted} chucks...


And I treated myself to a new dress and necklace as an early Mother's Day present...

Wore then to work on Tuesday :)

And finally in the middle of all of that fun I was able to finish my DIY Urban Outfitters art for the entryway and get it up on the blog...


And I've been overwhelmed with the response this project has gotten. Thanks so much to everyone who has left sweet comments, repinned it and featured it!

Whew! It was a very full, but very fun weekend. And here it is the weekend again! I love how that works. :)

Linking up with...

life rearranged

post signature




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...